Sunday, September 11, 2011

Miracles: Inspired by Walt Whitman

I spent some time this weekend collecting my own 'miracles'.  As opposed to writing out a list, I decided to compile them in picture form; enjoy!

 Or a bright, flamingo-pink house decorated months too soon for Christmas,
Or the sand after having been washed over by the ocean, leaving ribbons of  pattern to mark it's departure,
 Or the criss-cross overlapped threads that make up the clothing on my back,
 Or colorful twinkle lights reflecting off a cracked mirror,
 Or the unlikely combination of a restaurant and furniture store, shopping with efficiency?
Or a grave yard perfectly posed amidst a port and it's ships,
Or an old couple carrying a Sponge-Bob balloon to a child,
Or my bike's peeling gold handlebars tracing the edge of the bike path,
Or a sweet, pink-hued sunset falling over the baseball fields in Inwood Hill park,

Or the cerulean sky draped over a sandy beach and a reflective ocean.


I hope you enjoyed my list- I can't wait to see yours tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment